Our counsellors offer individual and whanau/family sessions to help you talk about your loss and grief in a caring way and help you make sense of the change that is taking place in your life.
Sometimes people can feel they can’t speak up because of the expectations our culture has about grieving.
To be told things such as “it’s time you moved on” or “you’ll find a new partner” can make it difficult to continue expressing your grief. We will listen to you without such expectations and accompany you as you make your way through this time. You may associate grief with the death of a loved one but any loss can cause grief. See What is Grief?
Grief Support Services offers:
- Support and understanding
- Individual and whanau/family counselling
- Specialised Child Counselling
- “Riding the Grief Wave” - An eight week Bereavement Support Course. NEXT Support Course tba. For full details click here
- "WAVES after suicide group" - An eight week course for after suicide support. Click here for more information.
- Counselling available to those affected by someone’s suicidal behaviour or bereaved by suicide. Contact us here.
- After Suicide Support Groups who meet monthly. Click here.
- Bereaved by Suicide Memorial Service held annual in September. Details coming soon.
- Links to other support groups and agencies.
- Help with Bereavement in the Workplace. Grief Support Services have worked with Elliotts Funeral Service to produce and print a brochure called "Bereavement in the Workplace for Employees". Follow link for more information
- Presentations to your workplace, retirement village or agency about our services. We welcome the opportunity to talk to you.
Our services are subsidised, although a donation to assist in meeting our costs is appreciated. Click here for Payment options
Support for You. Please click here to make an appointment or to discuss how we can be of assistance. Or select from below.