Our counsellors offer individual and whanau/family sessions to help you talk about your loss and grief in a caring way and help you make sense of the change that is taking place in your life. We also offer an eight week bereavement support course “Riding the Grief Wave" and an eight week after suicide informative support group “WAVES”.
Sometimes people can feel they can’t speak up because of the expectations our culture has about grieving.
To be told things such as “it’s time you moved on” or “you’ll find a new partner” can make it difficult to continue expressing your grief. We will listen to you without such expectations and accompany you as you make your way through this time. You may associate grief with the death of a loved one but any loss can cause grief. See What is Grief?
Grief Support Services offers:
- Support and understanding
- Individual and whanau/family counselling
- Specialised Child Counselling
- “Riding the Grief Wave” - An eight week Bereavement Support Course. NEXT Support Course starts TBA 2019. For full details click here
- "WAVES" - An eight week course for after suicide support. Next course April 2019. Counselling available to those affected by someone’s suicidal behaviour Click here for more information.
- Suicide Memorial Service. The Annual Memorial Service was held at 10.30am on Sunday 9th September at Daniel’s in the Park. The Memorial Service is to remember those lives lost to suicide and is held to coincide with World Suicide Prevention Day which is Monday, September 10th. For more information CLICK HERE
- Links to other support groups and agencies.
- Presentations to your workplace, retirement village, organisation or agency about our services. We welcome the opportunity to talk to you..
- Help with Bereavement in the Workplace. Grief Support Services have worked with Elliot Funeral Services to produce and print a brochure called "Bereavement in the Workplace for Employees". Click here to see the brochure.
Our services are subsidised, although a donation to assist in meeting our costs is appreciated. Click here for Payment options
Support for You. Please click here to make an appointment or to discuss how we can be of assistance. Or select from below.